- Students reinforce their knowledge of the alphabet.
- Students practice writing familiar words.
- Paper bag
- Pens, pencils
- Small notebook
- Have each student or group of students write the alphabet on a notepad, one letter per page.
- Take the students on a walk around the room, around the playground, around the neighborhood.
- As you walk, students should look for items that begin with as many different letters as possible.
- Write the name of the item next to the appropriate letter on the list.
- Remind them occasionally of the letters they still need.
- If you are walking outside, you might want to take a paper bag along to collect items. Later on, you can have the students arrange the objects in alphabetical order.