- Students will make a scrapbook to share with classmates and their parents.
- Photos or pictures of each child
- Construction paper
- String or thread
- Have your students write their answers to these questions:
- What did you do for summer vacation ?
What is your favourite food?
What is your favourite animal?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Paste the answers (along with photos to illustrate them) on separate pieces of construction paper.
- Bind them together with string or thread.
- Take photographs or have your students draw pictures of themselves for the cover of their scrapbooks.
- Set up an area in the classroom to display the scrapbooks, and set aside time for the students to look through their classmates’ creations.
- Variations: For more advanced groups, have students respond to general questions or statements that will encourage creativity:
- I am me because…
My favourite place in the world is…
- Insert extra pages in the back of the scrapbook for peers to respond to the scrapbooks.