What Am I? Icebreaker
Grade Levels: Pre-K - 2
Students use their power of hearing to determine animal sounds.
- Say, "I went to the zoo and I heard this sound _____." (For example, growl like a lion or squawk like a parrot.)
- Then say, "I turned around and saw a _____."
- Ask students to guess what animal you saw.
- Continue playing, making new animal sounds.
- After a few rounds, ask student volunteers to lead the game.
- A variation of this game is to change the location (try sounds in the country; in the city; in the forest; at school).
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial