Students will read more.
- Construction paper
- Tape or glue
- Students draw and cut a snake head out of construction paper.
- Students cut circles out of construction paper. The circles will be the body of the snake. Students decide how many books they will read and make that many construction paper circles.
- Each time a student finishes a book he/she will write the name of the book and his/her name on the circle.
- Tape the circle to the body of the snake.
- If you tape the snake to the top of your classroom's walls, you can challenge the students to make the snake's body reach all the way around the room.