- Students learn that stories have a beginning, middle, and end.
- Students improve sequencing skills.
- Comic Strips
- Cut comic strips apart into frames.
- Put an identifying mark on the back of each frame for easy reassembly. You may want to number the back of each frame according to its place in the sequence, so your students can peek if they need a hint.
- Put the frames of each entire strip into a separate envelope, and present them to your students.
- Challenge them to put the comic-strip puzzles back together in the right order.
- You could laminate the frames so that they may be used over and over.
- After they have resequenced the frames, read the comics aloud.
- Have your students make their own comic-strip puzzles.