- Students will appreciate the people who have jobs that impact their lives.
- Students will create "Appreciation Cards" for these individuals.
- Construction paper (multi-colored)
- Markers or crayons
- Lead a discussion in which students name people who have jobs that impact their lives.These people may include working parents, stay-at-home moms, older siblings, coaches, teachers, counselors, police officers, firefighters, and Ambulance Officers.
- Ask students to select a particular person in their lives to whom they would like to show their appreciation.
- Tell students they will be making cards with notes of thanks for the person they picked.
- Give each student a piece of construction paper and instruct them to fold it in half.
- Help students write thank you messages and give them time to decorate the cards with the markers and crayons.