Apple Bulletin Board: Responsibility
Create a changeable bulletin board that helps teach responsibility by assigning classroom duties to students. View an example of this bulletin board idea for September.
Materials and Supplies
- Black cloth background
- Red apple border
- Red letters
- Red and green paper (optional)
- White computer paper (amount optional)
- Any white paper that crayons can write on (Used computer paper, clean on one side, is good.)
- Transparent tape
- Talk with children about special class duties: erasing chalkboard, passing papers, leading lines, cleaning up, passing the wastebasket, handing out books, and so on.
- Use the apple pattern to cut enough red apples with green leaves and stems to go around your bulletin board, or use white paper and color apples heavily. Tape apples in place.
- As an alternative, trace around your hand and use various colors of hands for a border.
- Fold computer paper nearly in half, lengthwise, and glue the ends together. (These make pockets for children's duties.)
- Cut enough white paper slips, 9" by 7", for each child's name so that when it's his or her turn for a class duty you can put a slip with the child's name on it in the pocket for that duty.
- Change names each week.