Charlotte's Web Persuasive Letter
Grade Levels: 3 - 5
- After reading Charlotte's Web, students will write a persuasive letter to Mr. Arable on the subject of killing Wilbur.
- Students use the Persuasive Letter Graphic Organizer to compose a letter to Mr. Arable.
- Students start by writing a statement that reflects their point of view. (Example: "Wilbur's life should be spared.")
- Students then brainstorm some facts, reasons, and examples to back up their argument.
- Students write a rough draft of their persuasive letter, which includes their argument and supporting details. Remind the students to start their letter with a captivating first paragraph, and end with a summary of their argument and reasons.
- After the editing process, students will complete a final draft.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial