Help parents understand how they can support their seventh graders, with theses suggestions, including coping with changes and improving interpersonal skills.
How Parents Can Help Their Seventh GraderSeventh graders are learning how to be independent as they undergo many changes. Parents can help their seventh grader by encouraging her as she:
- Learns to cope with changes.
- Makes the transition to adolescence.
- Works on interpersonal skills.
- Adjusts to peer groups and pressure.
- Develops her personal interests and abilities.
- Gains a greater sense of responsibility for her behavior and decisions.