State Offices Matching Quiz - Answer Key
Match the state government office with its role in the government.
|1. _J__ Takes care of legal matters for the state, gives legal advice to the State Officers and members of the Executive Branch, and represents the state in court. |
2. _D__ Serves students by providing leadership and resources for schools, school districts, and community colleges.
3. _F__ Develops and manages travel within the state.
4. _C__ Is elected with the Governor and acts as the President of the Senate. If the Governor is not able to work, this office will act for the Governor.
5. _G__ Provides service to and protection of the state's population through law enforcement.
6. _I__ Is responsible for the supervision and management of convicted felons, and assists victims of crime.
7. _A__ Is the chief officer of the state and has the duty to make sure that the laws made by the General Assembly are properly executed.
|8. _N__ Collects, preserves, and makes available for research the historically significant records of the state, as well as private manuscripts, local government records, photographs, and other materials. |
9. _H__ Assists families and individuals with programs and services promoting self-sufficiency and independence.
10. _M__ Provides earth-science information to the public to enhance understanding of geologic processes, materials, and resources, and supports prudent management and use of land, water, mineral, and energy resources.
11. _E__ Keeps the state's public records and documents, and serves as the Commissioner of Elections.
12. _L__ Works with communities, businesses, and economic development organizations to enhance the economy, create quality jobs, and develop infrastructure.
|A. Governor |
C. Lieutenant Governor
E. Secretary of State
G. Public Safety
H. Human Services
|I. Corrections or Criminal Justice |
J. Attorney General
M. Geological Survey
N. Archives or Historical Society
O. Taxation or Revenue
P. State Library