- Students will use vocabulary related to the lives of the Tlingit Indians of the Pacific Northwest.
- Students will appreciate how the natural environment affects the lives of the Tlingit people.
- Students will recognize how the environment affects their own daily lives.
- Tlingit Indians of the Pacific Northwest worksheet
- Tlingit of the Northwest Coast website
- Introduce key vocabulary: canoe, climate, evergreen, lush, sacred, totem pole, vegetation.
- Have students work with partners to complete the Tlingit Indians of the Pacific Northwest worksheet after they visit the website.
- Set up a time when students can share the information they discovered.
- Use students' worksheet responses to evaluate their ability to gather information about the relationship between the Tlingit people and their environment. Assign a point value for each response.
- Find a variety of assessment techniques to use with this lesson.
- Choose from a large collection of cross-curricular activities for all grade levels.
- Explore outstanding lessons and activities in the