Suggested Author Interview Questions
Use this list of suggested questions when preparing students to interview an author.
- When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
- How long does it take you to write a book?
- What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
- What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
- How do books get published?
- Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
- When did you write your first book and how old were you?
- What do you like to do when you're not writing?
- What does your family think of your writing?
- What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
- How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
- Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
- Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
- Do you like to create books for adults?
- What do you think makes a good story?
- As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial