- The students will be able to assemble jigsaw puzzles of the United States.
- With practice, the students will improve their speed in assembling the jigsaw puzzles.
- The student will memorize the locations and names of the states.
- Jigsaw puzzle of the United States (the pieces are the individual states)
- Divide the class into partner groups.
- Explain to students that they will be assembling jigsaw puzzles with a partner and that each team will be timed.
- Each time they assemble the puzzle they will time themselves and record their time a the time sheet.
- The team with the fastest time will receive a prize.