- Student will learn to be responsible.
- Students will learn organizational skills.
- Students will get credit for all completed work and projects.
- Teacher will easily record homework, save time and keep track of students.
- Completed assignments
- Teacher grade or record book
- Assign each student a corresponding identification number. (It's helpful to go in alphabetical order).
- Tell students to place this number (along with their name and date) in the upper right hand corner of every assignment.
- Next, have the students quietly line up in I.D. order with their assignment in hand.
- Direct them to hand their paper to the teacher and say their I.D. number aloud so the teacher can record the assignment.
- Asking students to count off using their I.D. numbers can also be a quick way to take attendance, double-check that every student is with the group on a field trip, and it is an excellent way to line up for a fire drill.