Write a Harry Potter Script
Grade Levels: 3 - 8
- Students will learn to write a script.
- Students will practice their public speaking skills.
- Students will practice their reading comprehension skills by learning how to summarize.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and/or the rest of the Harry Potter books.
- Copies of the Script Writing handout
Distribute the Script Writing handout.
- Ask students to select and re-read their favorite chapter from one of the Harry Potter books.
- Instruct students to summarize the chapter using the handout.
- Go over "Writing the Script for a Scene" together.
- Give students time to write scripts for one scene from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Break the class up into partners and have them read each other's work.
- Allow students to edit their scripts.
- Act the scenes out in front of the class.
- As an extension activity try the following:
Watch a film adaptation of another book and discuss whether or not the film accurately captured the tone and spirit of the book. (Suggested movies: James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Witches, Stuart Little, Charlotte's Web, and The Mouse and the Motorcycle)
Provided by Factmonster.com.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial