Harry Potter Haiku
Grade Levels: 3 - 8
- Students will learn how to write a haiku.
- Students will practice their reading comprehensions skills.
- Copies of the Haiku Handout
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and/or the rest of the Harry Potter books.
Distribute the Haiku Handout to students.
- Go over sections 1, 2 and 3 of the handout together.
- Count the syllables in the sample poems together (either as a class or in small groups).
- Have students write their own haiku using the template at the bottom of the handout.
- Break the class into partners and have students check each other's work by counting the syllables in each line.
- Give students time to edit their poems.
- Have students share their poems with the class.
Provided by Factmonster.com.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial