Suicide Myths & Facts Quiz
In addition to attitudes and values, we all have some type of knowledge base about suicide. This series of questions will help establish that knowledge, while correcting some of the most common myths and misinformation about youth suicide.
- If questioned, youths will admit suicidal thoughts or behaviors to parents. True or False?
- It is inaccurate and sexist to suggest that there is a difference in suicidal behavior between boys and girls. True or False?
- People who talk about suicide don't complete suicide — they are just seeking attention. True or False?
- Talking about suicide can plant the idea in the minds of at-risk youth. True or False?
- The only one who can really help a suicidal student is a counselor or mental health professional. True or False?
- Once a youth is suicidal, he or she is suicidal forever. True or False?