Students will learn where important places and people are in the building such as the restroom, office, other same grade rooms, and teachers.
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Line students up in single or double (partner) line(s).
- Tell them they are going to take a tour through the building so they will be familiar with places and people if they have to leave the room for a specific reason.
- Walk with students around the school, introducing them to staff members.
- When you return to your classroom, discuss the rooms you visited and the people you met.
- Have students draw or write a list of what they learned on their walk.