- Students will learn why Americans celebrate the Veterans Day holiday.
- Students will practice reading comprehension skills.
- Distribute the Veterans Day Reading Comprehension Questions.
- Instruct the students to look the words up in the dictionary and write the definitions on a separate piece of paper.
- Distribute The Story of Veterans Day and ask the students to read it.
- Ask students to underline the vocabulary words and then answer the Veterans Day Reading Comprehension Questions.
- As a culminating activity, have a class discussion about the way different countries remember and honor their war veterans.