- Students will learn about the physical characteristics of owls.
- Students will create a life-sized sculpture of the owl they select.
- Reference books on owls
- Art materials
- Internet access
- Students select the kind of owl they want to study. This project is easier to do in cooperative groups or partner groups.
- Students determine what physical aspects they need to know in order to create a sculpture of their owl (height, wing span, coloration).
- Students gather the necessary information. Have them use the Internet to conduct research on owls.
- Students begin to create their sculptures with the art materials provided.