The Gorp's Gift QuestionsThese questions are designed to help your students' understanding of The Gorp's Gift. They are organized in accordance with Bloom's Taxonomy, and are valuable for post-reading assignments and classroom discussion.
- What news did Gorp have to deliver?
- What does he say you should do if you see a gun?
- Why do we say, "All guns are loaded"?
- What does Gorp want you to get and never forget?
- What does it mean to make a promise?
- Explain why Gorp's words are all twisted.
- Describe Gorp.
- What does he say guns can do to you?
- What does Gorp want all children to understand?
- How can you use Gorp's message in your life?
- The answer is safety. What are the possible questions?
- Do you know where there is a gun in your house, or in someone else's house? How are you going to make sure you or a younger child never touches it? Should you ask for your parents' help in keeping you safe?
- What are Gorp's reasons for teaching us about guns?
- What does the need for this book tell us about our society?
- How is gun safety related to the concept of non-violence?
- How is gun safety related to the concept of peaceful conflict resolution?