Students use their power of hearing to determine animal sounds.
- Say, "I went to the zoo and I heard this sound _____." (For example, growl like a lion or squawk like a parrot.)
- Then say, "I turned around and saw a _____."
- Ask students to guess what animal you saw.
- Continue playing, making new animal sounds.
- After a few rounds, ask student volunteers to lead the game.
- A variation of this game is to change the location (try sounds in the country; in the city; in the forest; at school).