- Students practice constructing sentences.
- Students will become familiar with the parts of speech.
- Write commonly used verbs, prepositions, and conjunctions on notecards.
- Have students name objects (nouns) they see around the room, or out the window.
- Write the objects named on notecards.
- Give small groups of students a variety of cards, with a mix of the different parts of speech.
- Have students make as many sentences as they can with the cards.
- Read the sentences aloud.
- How many sentences can each group make with the same words?