- Children will use vocabulary related to seed travel.
- Children will learn why seeds travel.
- Children will learn three ways that seeds travel.
- Traveling Seeds worksheet
- Educational websites about spreading seeds and seed growth
- Introduce key vocabulary: environment, floating, gliding, hitchhiking.
- Have children read the paragraphs on the Traveling Seeds worksheet and predict how seeds travel before they complete the worksheet.
- Ask children to complete the worksheet, using the Internet to research. If necessary, have students work with partners.
- Have children come together to share their predictions and discoveries. Discuss how their predictions were similar or different then what they learned as they filled in the worksheet.
Use a rubric to assess a child's ability to make predictions, navigate the Internet, participate in a group discussion, and understand the concept of seed travel.
- Choose from a large collection of cross-curricular activities for all grade levels.
- Explore outstanding lessons and activities in the