Students will create plaster molds.
- A tray, an old cookie sheet, or large bowl
- Cookie cutters
- Fill the tray with damp sand. You may have to add a little water to the sand.
- Make a design in the sand. Students can use their fingers, paintbrushes, or even cookie cutters.
- When they're happy with their design, use a spoon to carefully add plaster to the tray.
- Let the plaster dry.
- After it's dry, remove the plaster mold from the tray.
- Brush away any loose pieces of sand.
- Paint the molds.