Fifth Grade Basic SkillsA fifth grader needs to take almost full responsibility for her homework. She will be using assignment notepads and learning good studying and note-taking habits. In fifth grade, students will:
- Follow all capitalization rules.
- Use all punctuation marks appropriately.
- Appreciate different forms of literature.
- Increase their vocabularies through the use of synonyms, antonyms, homophones, and analogies.
- Recognize and use all parts of speech.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions and decimals.
- Recognize relationships between fractions, decimals, and percents.
- Determine the perimeter of polygons and the area of squares and rectangles.
- Use basic spelling rules.
- Understand basic United States history, geography, economics, and government.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial