Web Research Lesson 3
Learning to Read on the Web
Go to the following page of the Smithsonian Institute's National Air and Space Museum website:
Then answer the questions below using information from the page.
1. What is the title of this page? How do you know?
2. Skim the text and graphics on the page. What do you think is the general topic of this page?
3. Imagine that you're looking for information about the Hughes H-1 racer. Would this page be helpful to you in your research? Why do you think that?
4. How is reading a Web page similar to reading a page in a book? How is it different?
5. How can skimming and scanning help you save time when doing research on the Web?