- Students will be able to describe a day in the life of a Pilgrim boy or girl in 1627.
- Students will be able to define and illustrate key vocabulary words (optional).
- Pilgrim Fact Cards 9, 10, 11, 12
- Sarah Morton's Day by Kate Waters
- Samuel Eaton's Day by Kate Waters
- Three Young Pilgrims by by Cheryl Harness
- See the glossaries at the back of the books Sarah Morton's Day and Samuel Eaton's Day.
- Using large sheets of paper make Venn Diagram outlines.
- Label the parts of the Venn Diagram Pilgrim Child and Present Day Child.
- Explain that there are many similarities and differences between children in 1627 and present day.
- Divide the students into cooperative groups and have them fill in their Venn Diagrams with as many details as they can gather from the books.
- Students will define and illustrate the vocabulary from the lesson (optional).
- Upon completion of the assignment update the Class Chart.
- Create a game that uses the information on daily life.
- Research the life of a noteworthy Pilgrim.