- Students use stamps to decorate paper.
- A roll of plain white shelf paper
- Cookie cutters
- Butter knife
- Different color ink pads (not always water-soluble) or
- Assorted tempura paints (water-soluble)
- Cut a potato in half, then have students carve out the design they want (a dreidel, stars, a Christmas tree).
- An easy way to do this is to push a cookie cutter all the way in to the potato and cut off the excess with a butter knife. Remember the design will be the raised portion of the cutout.
- Stamp potato on ink pad then paper. Or put different color tempura paints onto individual paper-plates.
- Kids can either press potato into paint or use a brush to paint the bottoms.
- Then stamp onto paper.