Grade Levels: 3 - 5
- Students will use vocabulary related to wild animals.
- Students will learn why feeding wild animals can be harmful.
- Students will explore ways to enjoy wildlife.
- Wild Critters worksheet
- Wild Critters website (http://www.sfscience.com/english/grade_3/unit_A/chap_4/act_3/1.htm)
- Introduce key vocabulary: disease, harmful, populated, survive, wetland, wild, wildlife.
- Have students explore the Wild Critters website.
- Ask students to complete the Wild Critters worksheet using the information found on the Internet.
- Have students work individually or with partners.
- Set up a time when students can share and discuss their posters.
- Find a variety of assessment techniques to use with this lesson.
- Choose from a large collection of cross-curricular activities for all grade levels.
- Explore outstanding lessons and activities on Animals .
National Science Education Standards
Students develop an understanding that:
- plants and animals progress through life cycles of birth, growth and development, reproduction, and death; the details of these life cycles are different for different organisms.
- an organism's patterns of behavior are related to the nature of that organism's environment (e.g., kinds and numbers of other organisms present, availability of food and resources).
- changes in the environment can have different effects on different organisms.
National Educational Technology Standards
- practice responsible use of technology systems, information, and software.
- use technology tools to enhance learning, increase productivity, and promote creativity.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial