Pilgrim Children - Pilgrim Study Unit (Lesson 7 of 7)
Grade Levels: 3 - 8
- Students will be able to describe a day in the life of a Pilgrim boy or girl in 1627.
- Students will be able to define and illustrate key vocabulary words (optional).
- Pilgrim Fact Cards 9, 10, 11, 12
- Sarah Morton's Day by Kate Waters
- Samuel Eaton's Day by Kate Waters
- Three Young Pilgrims by by Cheryl Harness
- See the glossaries at the back of the books Sarah Morton's Day and Samuel Eaton's Day.
- Using large sheets of paper make Venn Diagram outlines.
- Label the parts of the Venn Diagram Pilgrim Child and Present Day Child.
- Explain that there are many similarities and differences between children in 1627 and present day.
- Divide the students into cooperative groups and have them fill in their Venn Diagrams with as many details as they can gather from the books.
- Students will define and illustrate the vocabulary from the lesson (optional).
- Upon completion of the assignment update the Class Chart.
- Create a game that uses the information on daily life.
- Research the life of a noteworthy Pilgrim.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial