Life in Plymouth - Pilgrim Study Unit (lesson 6 of 7)
Grade Levels: 3 - 8
- Students will be able to write a timeline showing significant events in the Plymouth Colony that occurred between 1621 and 1628.
- Students will be able to define and illustrate key vocabulary words (optional).
- Three Young Pilgrims by Cheryl Harness (pp. 24-26).
- Timeline Sheet (see below)
- Pilgrim Fact Card 9
- Explain to students that the Pilgrims had many hard-won accomplishments during the first few years of the settlement. The colony became a successful, permanent town due to these gains.
- Pass out the timeline sheets (below) and tell them to put as many important facts as they can, on it from their reading in Three Young Pilgrims and Pilgrim Fact Card 9.
- Students will define and illustrate the vocabulary from the lesson (optional).
- Upon completion of the assignment update the Class Chart (begun in Lesson 1).
Extension/Extra Credit Projects
- Make a timeline for world events of the same period (see p. 26 of Three Young Pilgrims).
- Have the students make a timeline of their own histories.
ON THIS TIMELINE FILL IN EVENTS THAT OCCURRED BETWEEN 1621 AND 1628 IN PLYMOUTH COLONY.
1628 _________________________________________Return to Pilgrim Study Unit
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial