Grade Levels: Pre-K - 2
You can modify this arts & craft activity with different colored papers to make candles for Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Advent. Before starting the craft, explain the significance of candles for each of these holidays.
Students make a candle decoration.
- Toilet tissue tube or paper towel tube
- White, yellow, green, red, and black construction paper
- Some small pieces of cardboard
- Glue white construction paper over the toilet tissue tube.
- Cut the cardboard into a circle shape approximately 1-inch bigger than circumference of the tube.
- Cover one side of cardboard circle with black construction paper for base of candle.
- Glue tube to candle base.
- Cut out two flame shapes from the yellow construction paper.
- Glue flames to the other end of the tube, to each side of the tube, facing each other.
- Cut out nine holly leaf shapes from the green construction paper.
- Cut out nine red berry shapes from the red construction paper.
- Glue the base of each leaf to the base of the candle, overlapping leaves slightly as you go around.
- Glue a red berry to the base of each leaf.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial