Life on the Prairie
Grade Levels: 3 - 5Objectives
- Students will use vocabulary related to prairie life.
- Students will learn about household items used by prairie families.
- Students will make judgments about the challenges and rewards of prairie life.
- Life on the Prairie worksheet
- Furniture Website 1800-1850:
- Food Preparation Website 1800-1850:
- Introduce key vocabulary: ceramics, display, exhibits, museum, preparation, prairie.
- Have students work individually to complete the Life on the Prairie worksheet as they visit both websites.
- Set aside a time for students to share what they have learned from the websites.
- Use the rubric to assess students' understanding of prairie life in the 1800s.
- Choose from a large collection of cross-curricular activities for all grade levels.
- Have groups work together to create Same/Different charts, comparing prairie life in the 1800s with prairie life today.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of teacher-approved worksheets, activities, and over 22,000 resources created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial