Grade Levels: 1 - 4
- Students will experiment.
- Students will observe.
- One cup salt
- One cup flour
- One tsp. alum (available at any pharmacy)
- 3/4 cup water
- Bones, leaves, toy dinosaurs, shells
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add the water until a dough is formed and the mixture sticks together.
- Roll the dough into balls, then flatten into a pancake.
- Press the leaves, shells, bones, toy dinosaurs, or other objects in the dough to make an impression.
- Dry. (Paint if you desire.)
- Ask the children which objects made the different impressions.
Excerpt from Science Surprises! .
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of teacher-approved worksheets, activities, and over 22,000 resources created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial