Grade Levels: 1 - 4
- Students will experiment.
- Students will observe.
- One cup salt
- One cup flour
- One tsp. alum (available at any pharmacy)
- 3/4 cup water
- Bones, leaves, toy dinosaurs, shells
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add the water until a dough is formed and the mixture sticks together.
- Roll the dough into balls, then flatten into a pancake.
- Press the leaves, shells, bones, toy dinosaurs, or other objects in the dough to make an impression.
- Dry. (Paint if you desire.)
- Ask the children which objects made the different impressions.
Excerpt from Science Surprises! .
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial