Sailing Bulletin Board
Establish an atmosphere that encourages reading with this nautical bulletin board. View an example of this bulletin board idea for October.
Materials and Supplies
- Medium-blue cloth background
- Black border
- Black letters
- Transparent tape
- Wide-tipped black market
- Make a photocopy of the sailing ship and other figures. (Do not cut out the ship.) Color the figures as desired.
- Make the cross red and the water and sky blue.
- Tape the two ship printouts together, making sure the sail lines come together.
- Outline the entire picture with black marker.
- Encourage the children to read books, especially stories that took place long ago. Simple biographies of famous people in history are good reading for the children who can read. Spark their interest by reading a simple biography to the class. (See People of Purpose, published by Good Year Books.)
More Bulletin Boards for Every Month
by Arnold Cheyney
This book is filled with what every teacher needs - more than 50 bulletin board ideas and activities for the whole curriculum and for every month of the year.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial