- Students will use vocabulary related to prairie life.
- Students will learn about household items used by prairie families.
- Students will make judgments about the challenges and rewards of prairie life.
- Life on the Prairie worksheet
- Furniture Website 1800-1850:
- Food Preparation Website 1800-1850:
- Introduce key vocabulary: ceramics, display, exhibits, museum, preparation, prairie.
- Have students work individually to complete the Life on the Prairie worksheet as they visit both websites.
- Set aside a time for students to share what they have learned from the websites.
- Use the rubric to assess students' understanding of prairie life in the 1800s.
- Choose from a large collection of cross-curricular activities for all grade levels.
- Have groups work together to create Same/Different charts, comparing prairie life in the 1800s with prairie life today.