Old Sturbridge Village Worksheet
This activity will help you think about life in a 19th-century New England
1. Go to Old Sturbridge Village website (http://www.osv.org/explore_learn/village_tour.html).
- Click on spots within the map to read about life in this 19th century New England village.
- On a piece of drawing paper, draw a village center like the one on the map that includes a house, a church, and a bank.
- Next to the house, make notes about the daily life of the people from this village.
- Next to the church, make notes about their religion.
- Next to the bank, make notes about the businesses and merchants in the village.
2. Now think about daily life, religion, and business in the community where you live today, in the 21st century. How is it like and unlike Old Sturbridge Village?
Return to lesson Old Sturbridge Village
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial