2 1/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries,coarsely chopped
3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist, using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add cranberries and almonds; mix thoroughly.
- On a floured surface, divide batter in half and pat each half into a log approximately 14 inches long and 1 1/2-inches wide.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Cut biscotti into 1/2-inch slices.
- Stand upright on cookie sheet and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
|Used with permission from Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial