Finding Postal Codes for States
Grade Levels: 4 - 6
- The students will become familiar with the names and locations of the fifty states.
- The students will learn the postal codes for the states.
- Large, wall map of the United States
- Set of atlases
- Set of blank political maps of the U.S.
- Introduce the unit by displaying a large map of the United States. Ask what students know about the geography (study of earth and its features) of the United States and what they notice from the map.
- Pass out individual maps and atlases. Explain postal codes and direct students to find a list of them in their atlases.
- Students will then choose a partner and will label the fifty states using the postal codes.
- They also must label large bodies of water, significant mountain ranges and bordering countries.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial