Grade Levels: K - 8
- Students will find a famous person who shares his/her birthdate.*
- Students will gather information about his/her Birthday Buddy.
- Students will present an oral report to the class.
- Students will prepare a written report.
- Reference book
- Internet access
- Art materials
- Students will find a famous person who shares their birthdate by looking on Infoplease.com.
- Decide, with the students, the important facts to gather about a person's life (birthplace, year of birth, education, accomplishments, etc.) A teacher-made fact sheet outline will help students to organize their work.
- Students will gather information on their Birthday Buddies by using Internet sites that are similar to http://www.infoplease.com/people.html.
- Students will prepare a written and oral presentation.
- Students will share their work with the class.
*Customize this lesson for any topic! Focus on scientists, explorers, artists, writers, musicians, athletes, inventors, or historical figures. For Women's History Month or Black History Month, have students research a famous woman or African-American who shares his/her birthdate or birthday month. Use Internet sites that are similar to http://www.infoplease.com/spot/womenhistbios.html and http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmbios1.html.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial