Wonders of the World
Grade Levels: 4 - 6
- Students will practice Internet search skills
- Students will become more familiar with the natural, man-made, and ancient Wonders of the World
- Students will work collaboratively within a group
- On the chalkboard make three columns labeled Natural Wonders, Man-Made Wonders, and Ancient Wonders.
- Discuss characteristics that differentiate the three categories.
- Using prior knowledge, have students brainstorm different Wonders of the World. Make sure they identify the column in which their idea should be listed.
- After a brief talk about the listed wonders, break the students up into the preselected groups.
- Go over any behavior expectations with the students.
- Explain to the students that they will be going on a Wonders of the World Scavenger Hunt using the Internet as their only source of information.
- Assign a time limit according to the number of computers available.
- Distribute the Wonders of the World question and student answer sheets.
- Use the Answer Key to check the students' answers.
- Begin the hunt!
- Assign the scavenger hunt as homework.
- Give students the option of receiving extra credit for completing the hunt over a school vacation.
- Have students create a map that corresponds to the locations of the different Wonders of the World. Visit the Map Library to view different maps of the world.
- Have students create a chart that displays the native languages spoken at the different wonders. Use the Language by Country chart as a resource.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial