Grade Levels: K - 2
- Students reinforce their knowledge of the alphabet.
- Students practice writing familiar words.
- Paper bag
- Pens, pencils
- Small notebook
- Have each student or group of students write the alphabet on a notepad, one letter per page.
- Take the students on a walk around the room, around the playground, around the neighborhood.
- As you walk, students should look for items that begin with as many different letters as possible.
- Write the name of the item next to the appropriate letter on the list.
- Remind them occasionally of the letters they still need.
- If you are walking outside, you might want to take a paper bag along to collect items. Later on, you can have the students arrange the objects in alphabetical order.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial