Grade Levels: 4 - 7
- Students will review vocabulary.
- Teacher will be able to assess students' knowledge of vocabulary.
- Vocabulary list that class is covering
- Paper and pencils for each student
- Chips, or small pieces of colored paper
- Fun prizes
- Ask students to draw a 4x4 grid on a piece of paper, then write your vocabulary words in the boxes.
- Distribute chips or other markers.
- Read the definitions of the words out loud. Students put a chip on the cards when they see the word that matches the definition.
- When students have four across, diagonally, or vertically they yell out "Bingo!"
- Have students read out the words that gave them bingo, checking that you actually read the definitions for those words.
- Give winners prizes.
- Students switch cards and play again!