Fourth Grade Basic SkillsSchool changes quite dramatically for students in fourth grade. Students will be applying reading skills in content area subjects such as social studies, science, and health. Study skills will become very important as kids will now be asked to write reports and handle long-term assignments. In fourth grade, most students will learn to:
- Divide by one-and two-digit numbers.
- Use calculators and computers.
- Add and subtract fractions.
- Use contextual clues to discover the meaning of words.
- Understand and use the steps of the writing process from pre-writing to the final draft.
- Write research reports.
- Locate information in the library.
- Use encyclopedias, newspapers, atlases, and magazines as resources.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial