First Grade Basic SkillsBy the end of the year most students will be able to:
- Read at least 100 sight words.
- Locate the main idea and details in stories.
- Recall the sequence of events in oral and written stories.
- Write words legibly in manuscript form.
- Capitalize the first word in a sentence and use the period and question mark at the end of a sentence.
- Recognize the singular and plural forms of nouns.
- Count to 100 by one's, two's, five's, and ten's.
- Write the numerals to 100.
- Add and subtract numbers up to and from 10.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial