Grade Levels: 4 - 6
- Students will learn about the physical characteristics of owls.
- Students will create a life-sized sculpture of the owl they select.
- Reference books on owls
- Art materials
- Internet access
- Students select the kind of owl they want to study. This project is easier to do in cooperative groups or partner groups.
- Students determine what physical aspects they need to know in order to create a sculpture of their owl (height, wing span, coloration).
- Students gather the necessary information. Have them use the Internet to conduct research on owls.
- Students begin to create their sculptures with the art materials provided.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial