Veterans Day Comprehension Questions
- Do you know these words? Find the words in the story. Draw a line under them. Copy the words. Look them up in the dictionary and write down their meanings.
veteran horn honor soldier whistle unknown fight/fought ring/rang war world war bell eleven country silent tomb armistice silence remember leader bury services sign cemetery
- Read these sentences and answer the questions.
- What did the Armistice mean?
- Who do Americans honor on Veterans Day?
- When do Americans observe one minute of complete silence?
- If you are from a country outside of the United States, do you have a day to remember soldiers who died in wars?
- If so, when is it?
- What happens on that day?
- In general, what are the reasons that nations go to war?
Adapted from ESL Teacher's Holiday Activities Kit, by Elizabeth Claire.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial