Presidential Trading Cards
Grade Levels: 3 - 6
- Students will gather data using the Internet to create products related to technology.
- Students will demonstrate keyboarding, use of text boxes, acquisition of photos and pictures from other sources, copying, printing, and producing a product.
- Students will research and organize information in order to produce products.
- Computers with Internet access
- Presidents of the United States biographies
- Paper, pencils
- Database program
- Word processing program
Students gather data about the Presidents of the United States. The database will have the following fields: full name, birthplace, native state, term-years, political party, wife, and historical events.
Students will use the Internet to create a trading card about one of the presidents of the United States using a draw program. The card will have the following information: name, picture of the person copied from an Internet site, birthday, famous for, and short biographical information.
And/or students will create a tri-fold brochure using a draw program with the following information: biographical information (name, birthday, childhood, family, other interesting information), timeline of important events in the person's life, greatest achievements or accomplishments, and pictures of the person copied from the Internet.
Students can use the Internet to take a virtual tour of some past presidents' libraries.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of teacher-approved worksheets, activities, and over 22,000 resources created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial