State Offices Matching Quiz - Answer Key
Match the state government office with its role in the government.
_J__ Takes care of legal matters for the state, gives legal
advice to the State Officers and members of the Executive Branch, and
represents the state in court.
2. _D__ Serves students by providing leadership and resources for schools, school districts, and community colleges.
3. _F__ Develops and manages travel within the state.
4. _C__ Is elected with the Governor and acts as the President of the Senate. If the Governor is not able to work, this office will act for the Governor.
5. _G__ Provides service to and protection of the state's population through law enforcement.
6. _I__ Is responsible for the supervision and management of convicted felons, and assists victims of crime.
7. _A__ Is the chief officer of the state and has the duty to make sure that the laws made by the General Assembly are properly executed.
_N__ Collects, preserves, and makes available for research
the historically significant records of the state, as well as private
manuscripts, local government records, photographs, and other materials.
9. _H__ Assists families and individuals with programs and services promoting self-sufficiency and independence.
10. _M__ Provides earth-science information to the public to enhance understanding of geologic processes, materials, and resources, and supports prudent management and use of land, water, mineral, and energy resources.
11. _E__ Keeps the state's public records and documents, and serves as the Commissioner of Elections.
12. _L__ Works with communities, businesses, and economic development organizations to enhance the economy, create quality jobs, and develop infrastructure.
C. Lieutenant Governor
E. Secretary of State
G. Public Safety
H. Human Services
Corrections or Criminal Justice
J. Attorney General
M. Geological Survey
N. Archives or Historical Society
O. Taxation or Revenue
P. State Library
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial